The goal of GEGRI is that it will have the following applications:
* Act as a guide to law and policy makers at both the national and international levels, as they seek to develop/reform legal and institutional regimes to achieve ‘environmental sustainability’ whilst maintaining business and economic competitiveness.
* Act as a guide to businesses in their ESG strategies and in the identification of future markets.
* Assist governments and policy makers to distinguish between legal reforms that have short-term merits and those that provide long-term solutions.
* Assist in the development of approaches to reform that address the ‘root causes’ or ‘drivers’ of environmental degradation (including the emission of GHGs).
* Assist in the development of legal architecture that leads to ‘no net loss’ to the environment.
* Assist in the development of alternative approaches to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
* Assist in the development of practical approaches to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
* Assist in the development of systems that would intrinsically lead to the flow of funds to projects for the protection of the environment and ecosystems – especially in poorer regions.
© 2017 Global Environmental Governance Modelling